News

Xiamen moviegoer blames 'unsterilized' 3D glasses for his inflamed eyes

Updated: 02 Jan 2013
Share this news?...Click box   Bookmark and Share wox mobile
inflamed eyes
Mr. Chen allegedly suffered acute keratit after watching a 3D film in a Xiamen cinema.
 
A Xiamen resident has allegedly suffered acute keratitis after watching a 3D film in a cinema in Xiamen recently.

The moviegoer surnamed Chen, who was with his wife and other 2 friends, enjoyed a 3D movie at Tong'an Movie Theatre on 31st December, 2012, but later suffered from inflamed and sore eyes.

Chen went to hospital accompanied by staff from the movie theatre afterwards. The doctor said that he had suffered acute keratitis, a contagious disease, which may have been caused by the 3D glasses.

According to the Tong'an Movie Theatre, the reusable 3D glasses offered are always disinfected with ultraviolet radiation in a manner that meets standards.

Xiamen Tong’an Health Supervision Bureau is carrying out a sanitary inspection on the 3D glasses in the movie theatre.
 
SOURCE: WOX Team
 
Editorial Message 
News translation appearing here is the property of www.whatsonxiamen.com, however, for those who wish to copy the contents in part or in full, please make reference and link the article copied to our site. Whatsonxiamen.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact editor@whatsonxiamen.com
Share this news?...Click box   Bookmark and Share
Comments Area ( Total Comments: 1 )
stuntmansolly Commented on 02 Jan 2013
Perhaps he had "I'mapatheticratitis".

Common in these parts.