Wi-Fi is killing me, says woman in Xiamen allergic to electromagnetic waves

Updated: 12 Jun 2015
Share this news?...Click box   Bookmark and Share wox mobile
Most people simply ask for a Wi-Fi password when they arrive in a restaurant or café offering free Internet access. But things are not so simple for this Xiamen resident. 
The resident, who goes by the alias Xiao Yue, said that she wanted to find a living environment that was totally free of electronic products. She was even considering moving to a remote mountainous area to escape her allergy to electromagnetic waves. 
Her condition is known as electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS), purportedly caused by exposure to electromagnetic fields. 
The reported symptoms of EHS include headache, fatigue, stress, sleep disturbances, skin symptoms such as prickling, burning sensations and rashes, pain and ache in muscles, and many other health problems. 
"I can't talk on the phone for more than 10 minutes. My toes and lower parts of my legs turn black when I use a mobile phone for more than 10 minutes," said Xiao Yue, a Chinese medicine doctor. 
"But luckily enough, I return to normal 20 minutes after turning off the electronic products," she added. 
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. There exists no medical diagnosis for the issue, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem. 
Editorial Message
News appearing here is the property of, however, for those who wish to copy the contents in part or in full, please make reference and link the article copied to our site. does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact
Share this news?...Click box   Bookmark and Share
Comments Area ( Total Comments: 1 )
cap212 Commented on 12 Jun 2015
Of course there is not clear diagnostic criteria, because if there would be, they would have to admit that all the electro smog is harmful for humans.