Xiamen University

New entry and exit rules for expats in China

The Chinese government has recently been dealing severely with foreigners who illegally entered into China or illegally live or work in China, especially in cities like Beijing and Guangzhou. On 30th June 2012, China passed the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Control of the Entry and Exit to manage domestic foreign affairs and the central government is preparing rules of implementation accordingly.   The Common Visa The Common visa includes categories such as travelling, working, business and family visit visas. For application of the common visa, a