Travel

Xiamen Airlines to launch Jiangxi Airlines next June

Updated: 2014-08-19
Share this news?...Click box   Bookmark and Share
Read more on: Xiamen Airlines   Jiangxi Airlines  

China’s Xiamen Airlines plans to launch Jiangxi Airlines in conjunction with the Jiangxi provincial government in June 2015 as it accelerates its domestic expansion pace.

 

On Aug. 13, Xiamen Airlines and Jiangxi Province signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) in Nanchang, capital of Jiangxi province, jointly investing and establishing the first local carrier in Jiangxi together with Jiangxi Airlines Investment Co., Ltd.

According to the agreement, the start-up carrier Jiangxi Airlines Co., Ltd. was set up with a registered capital of 2 billion yuan, of which 60% was invested by Xiamen Airlines in aircraft and fixed assets, while the rest 40% was contributed by Jiangxi Airlines Investment in cash. The new airline is expected to commence official operations in next June, with a fleet of 5 aircraft. Its fleet size will be expanded to 8 aircraft in 2016 and 30 by 2020. Based at Nanchang Changbei International Airport (KHN), the new entity will fly Boeing 737 aircraft to most major cities across the country, initially opening domestic flights between Nanchang and Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Chengdu.

Jiangxi Provincial Party Secretary Qiang Wei, Governor Lu Xinshe and Xiamen Airlines President Che Shanglun attended the signing ceremony.

"Xiamen Airlines are welcomed to invest in Jiangxi. The local economic and social development needs support from aviation industry," Mr. Qiang said. Therefore, once setting up own airline, Jiangxi Airport Group will have more base airlines and more aircraft will stay overnight at KHN, which will help it get the in the initiative to open new routes, boost the air travel market in Jiangxi, and promote local economy as well.

 

SOURCE: www.wcarn.com

 

Editorial Message
This site contains materials from other clearly stated media sources for the purpose of discussion stimulation and content enrichment among our members only. 
whatsonxiamen.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content. For copyright infringement issues please contact
 editor@whatsonxiamen.com
Share this news?...Click box   Bookmark and Share
Comments Area ( Total Comments: 0 )