The public bike sharing system on Xiamen Island was launched in July last year. Five new cycling routes have been gradually put into service this year.
Early this September, many public bike stations around Yundang Lake were put into use. Eventually a total of about 3,000 public bikes will be available in that area. The development of the public bike system has made it easier for residents in Xiamen to get access to low-carbon transport.
Six public bike routes in the first phase are expected to be gradually put into use by the end of this year.
Route 1: Huli High-Tech Industrial Park area
Route 2: Jinshang Road area
Route 3: Qianpu BRT Station-Software Park Phase II-Wuyuan Bay Area area
Route 4: Dongpingshan Scenic Area- Zhonglun Park-Hubian Reservoir- Wuyuan Bay area
Route 5: Lvling Road (Jinshang Road-Jinshang Road)-Lianqian Xi Road-Lianqian Dong Road area
Route 6: Around Yundang Lake area
Fees for renting public bikes on Xiamen Island:
- Free for the first hour
- RMB 0.5 for every additional half hour between one and four hours;
- RMB 1 for every hour after more than four hours.
Daily operating hours:
- Bike rental service available from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Bike return: 24-hour service
How to apply for a card for the public bike sharing system?
Requirements (valid documents, prepayment and age limit)
1) 400 RMB deposit and prepayment of at least 50 RMB for locals with valid ID cards, residents with temporary residence permits and military officers with valid documents;
2) 1,200 RMB deposit and prepayment of at least 50 RMB for residents with other valid documents;
3) Residents aged not less than 16 years old and not more than 65 years old.
The public bike sharing systems in Haicang District and on Xiamen Island are run by two different operators; the E-Tong card needs to be activated to be used in Haicang and vice versa.
A convenient access to the public bike sharing system on Xiamen Island:
Use your e-tong cards to get access to the public bike sharing system after real-name registration at designated places:
1) Tianhu Business Office/天湖营业厅 (1F, No.97-99 Tianhu Road)
2) Huli Business Office/湖里营业厅 (1F, former investment attraction center in Huli High-tech Park)
3) Xiamen Municipal Administration Service Center/市行政服务中心 (3F, C Hall, No. 30 window)
This bike renting possibilities are so helpful to the citizens to go where ever they wanna go easily by riding them. Being a term paper writers i often roam many places on behalf of my works. This facility helps me a lot.
It is good to hear about the public bike sharing system and I appreciate the brain behind this idea. This will make people choose depending on these public bike sharing and reduce the number of vehicles on road, which in terms reduce traffic and pollution too.. time warner cable tv guide
Seems to me that I've seen a few of these sexy machines over the Haicang bridge, oporated by unknown Asian individuals peddling their hearts out for parts unknown. Not giving a discount to pla enlisted is a mistake that will backfire in the face of the rocket scientists that came up with this idea. When the soldiers refuse to obey any longer.